There’s a meme (I hate that word. Hate it like brussel sprouts!) going around at the moment in which you itemise the contents of your handbag. I love this, because I am supremely nosy and derive great joy from the minutiae of other people’s lives. Also, I bought a new handbag last night, so I figured that I may as well participate since I had to take everything out of mine anyway.
In my bag:
- 1 notebook.
- 1 tin of mints (clicky lid > eating of mints).
- 1 pair sunglasses and 1 pair actual glasses.
- 1 reusable bag.
- World’s oldest cellphone — it doesn’t even take pictures! What it does do, however, is make calls. And refuse to ever break. Sucks to be me.
- 1 point-and-click camera, stored in old sock (see above re: crap phone).
- World’s oldest iPod.
- Black knit hat (useful for both rain and impromptu burglary).
- Work ID and swipe card.
- 2 Strepsils, 2 Nurofen, 3 Werthers.
- 1 bunch keys with stuffed pukeko.
- 4 assorted lip balm/gloss/sticks.
- Hand cream and nail file.
- 7 old receipts.
- 1 wallet.
- 2 sets of post-it flags.
- 1 mechanical pencil (no lead).
- 1 eraser for the mechanical pencil with no lead.
- 4 highlighters.
- 10 pens (assorted colours).
Obviously, all of these things are ENTIRELY NECESSARY. Especially the FIFTEEN different writing implements.
In my wallet:
- Assorted bank, store and loyalty cards.
- 3 out-of-date business cards (interestingly, zero current business cards).
- A ticket to Wicked for January 2009 — in London.
- A ticket to Hanson for September 2008 — in Seattle.
- 70 cents and an American dime.
- A bobby pin.
- An underground ticket.
- A subway ticket for an unknown city.
- 11 different coffee cards.
- A passport photo (just in case?).
- A ticket to the Hospital ball (which was last Friday — but I designed the tickets, which makes it okay).